RSS
WE HEARD YOUR VOICE

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Drop Of Ocean's Water

Reason
-Haris Hamzah-

“A Drop Of Ocean’s Water”, direct translation of “Setitik air lautan”. I took my title from a hadith saying that the knowledge in this world is so wide that everything we learnt and know is just like a drop of an ocean water, comparing to the total knowledge, the sea. The hadith is to make we realize that how matter smart and intelligent we are, God know a lot, lot more than us. I am planning to share a few of my thought, pieces of the drop of an ocean water, in this column for others to read and think, and enhancing my English writing at a same time.

I want to share my reason of why I entered the election and competing to become as one of student representatives. The decision was made long before I entered this college, when the result of my interview with MARA came out. There are few reasons for what causing me to make the decision.

The first reason was because when I had had a leader who was a bad-tempered and irrational person. He was elected from a poll and automatically became a president of my organization when he got a position as a vice-president. He liked to make decision without thinking twice and easily became angry whenever he was provoked. His attitudes make a lot of person to hate him and I was ashamed to be under him. There was a feeling inside of me that I want to overthrow him and choose another leader, or least, making myself as the new president of my organization. I asked myself, “If somebody likes him can be one, why not me??

Then there was a time I was chatting with my friend and I talked bad about a decision of a leader which I disagree very much. It was about the Tambak Johor, a low-cost bridge which had caused water of Selat Johor to flow very slows. And, my friend reply back to me, “Camtu ko jadik ah PM”........

Her question really makes me think. A lot of us (including me) like to critic and argue with our leaders decisions but few of us want to be a leader. Everyday, we heard people talking in “kedai kopi” and restaurants, complaining and sighing in a lot of issues, but that the most they do about it. We give out ideas and suggestions in our room to compare and look down on the decisions a leader had made but did not dare to speak it out loud whenever asked for suggestion.

Those events finally create one strong reason that cause me to decide to try and become one of MPP, which is to prevent an irresponsible, or unsuitable person, than me at least, from become one. I’m not saying that I am really suite to be one, but at least there will not be one day I am disappointed with a leader and critics him but never tried to become one anymore. And now it will be between me and God about the responsible I have agreed to hold. If you are not satisfied with me or any of your leaders (MPP) right now, you should asked yourself then, “Why it is not you at the place??”

No comments:

Post a Comment